PDA

View Full Version : Urine Desalination

DiaperPony
18th July 2011, 06:05 AM
I have recently been experimenting with drinking pee (it gets me pretty excited). However when I haven't taken in enough water to dilute it, the urine is pretty salty and hard to drink. And, even when diluted, I'd really rather the salt be minimized. My goal would be to somehow remove most of the salt from a morning pee to better experience the flavor. So I've been investigating urine desalination.

First, I have a question: Is anyone here on a low-sodium diet (or know someone that is)? Does this make the urine taste less salty, and if so, does it taste better, or is it actually worse? I ask because maybe all this is for nothing.

Looking around online I've found a few potential methods:

Freezing. I tried this and it seemed to have a very slight effect.
Boiling/distilling/evaporation. I haven't tried this because I assumed it would probably destroy or remove any original flavors.
Electrodialysis. This one seems promising, but I don't know how to do it. I need to read more about it.
Water jug charcoal type filters. I'm not sure what this would do. Anyone tried it?

I realize this is all pretty crazy. But hey, so is this fetish. Thanks for listening and for any suggestions you might have. :)

FezRules69
19th July 2011, 02:17 AM
I have recently been experimenting with drinking pee (it gets me pretty excited). However when I haven't taken in enough water to dilute it, the urine is pretty salty and hard to drink. And, even when diluted, I'd really rather the salt be minimized. My goal would be to somehow remove most of the salt from a morning pee to better experience the flavor. So I've been investigating urine desalination.

First, I have a question: Is anyone here on a low-sodium diet (or know someone that is)? Does this make the urine taste less salty, and if so, does it taste better, or is it actually worse? I ask because maybe all this is for nothing.

Looking around online I've found a few potential methods:

Freezing. I tried this and it seemed to have a very slight effect.
Boiling/distilling/evaporation. I haven't tried this because I assumed it would probably destroy or remove any original flavors.
Electrodialysis. This one seems promising, but I don't know how to do it. I need to read more about it.
Water jug charcoal type filters. I'm not sure what this would do. Anyone tried it?

I realize this is all pretty crazy. But hey, so is this fetish. Thanks for listening and for any suggestions you might have. :)

Salt is directly related to how much salt a person eats versus how much fluid is consumed. My ex's was almost never salty. Not even in the morning. However, it could be right strong at times. But, I could tell if she ate something salty.

Was the flavor any better? I can't tell you. I was a fan of all of it. Strong, salty, weak, no matter.

As for your list:
Freezing. I wouldn't think this would do anything, unless you were trying to concentrate it.
Boiling/distilling/evaporation. You're probably going to get just water as a condensate. A much stronger product would be left in the "still."
Electrodialysis. Beats me. Can't say I've looked into it. I like it as is.
Water jug charcoal type filters. I think there are other threads about this for other reasons. But, I'm sure salt would not be removed in any measurable amount.

sbguy1
19th July 2011, 05:58 AM
Not really one to comment, because whatever floats your boat etc etc... but do you mean that you want to store it, and consume it at a later time?

Like cold?

FezRules69
19th July 2011, 01:07 PM
Not really one to comment...

Then why did you? Oh, yes, got to get to that 15th post!

sbguy1
20th July 2011, 12:21 AM
Then why did you? Oh, yes, got to get to that 15th post!

Hardly... I have enough pics and videos to keep myself amused. If anything I only want to get to 15 posts because I want to share.

I think I'll take my pics elsewhere.

DiaperPony
20th July 2011, 03:27 AM
I don't really want to store it, because I can always make more ;) I found it interesting that a lack of salt didn't seem to matter to the flavor much. One other thing I was interested in (and I should have said this in the first place, sorry!) was using it as a base for other beverages, maybe tea? But having the result be salty seemed like it'd throw things off. I'm also not sure if that'd ruin the experience anyways.

I did look into electrodialysis a little more. It requires expensive laboratory equipment... so that's not happening.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply! :D

sbguy1
20th July 2011, 08:01 AM
I know there are salt based swimming pools... maybe you could go into one of those stores and find a kit that measures the amount of salt in the liquid? From there you could put a "taste test" together.... Maybe limit the salt in your diet for a few days and check the number, and the taste, and work from there?

Just spitballing, but it might lead to something....

FezRules69
20th July 2011, 12:03 PM
I know there are salt based swimming pools... maybe you could go into one of those stores and find a kit that measures the amount of salt in the liquid?

That's a hygrometer. The problem is that it's not measuring salt. Instead it's measuring specific gravity. There's other dissolved solids in urine, not just salt. It'll tell you how watered down it is, but not really how salty.

I did look into electrodialysis a little more. It requires expensive laboratory equipment... so that's not happening.

You're missing the obvious: Eat less salt. Less sodium in equal less sodium out. Just be aware that most salt in your diet isn't coming from the salt shaker. There's sodium hidden everywhere.

Unless your goal is just to play with your pee, there's no better solution to the "problem."

Golden7ames
21st July 2011, 04:02 AM
Eat less salt or deal with it. You're going through way too much effort for this; what are you gonna get up every morning, piss, and then wait for ages before you drink it while the salt gets taken out? I reccommend ditching first of the morning (I always find mine tastes back-of-your-mouth euch. I'm guessing from broken down protein), and downing your second, which will probably be caffienated. Win win!